1. When you are away from your property for a long time have your Mail redirected at your Post Office and it is best to Install a NO JUNK MAIL sign on your letterbox. Get someone to always clear your mail from the letter box. Make sure to turn on the alarm system if you have one.
2. Do not turn the power off when you go on holidays. The Battery Backup will eventually go flat and cause many problems
3. When you go out try not to leave windows open as the Security System may go into constant Alarm when there is a slight breeze or when the curtains move
4. Remember to turn off all Heating and Air Conditioners when setting the Alarm as this may cause False Alarming due to changing air temperature and air movement
5. Mice, Insects and Moths can also cause false alarms. Please use Surface Spray for Detectors every 3 months and maintain pest control
6. Please ensure the Battery Maintenance is done every 2-3 years to ensure a fully charged battery is maintained
7. Fit a burglar alarm system. The cost of these are very affordable now and they are a valuable deterrent. You can activate your alarm when you are away and also when your are at home or when you are asleep. When you go to bed at night you can activate the zones that you don't sleep in, meaning the ground floor of your home can be alarmed while you sleep soundly upstairs. You will have complete peace of mind all the time
8. Fit CCTV to your home. Modern systems can be relatively inexpensive and look a whole a lot better than the ugly earlier versions. The monitor can go in a garage or a cupboard. Few burglars will want to be captured onscreen. Should your home be targeted, the police can have valuable evidence to catch any thief.
9. Close your windows and doors at night and when you go out. Fit security locks if need be. As a home security system, alarms are a great deterrent for burglars as they do not like them! Burglars tend to look for an external siren box when checking out a property. If they see a burglar alarm system, they will most likely move on to another home. Follow these steps and the chances are you will never have to face the dilemma of what to do when a burglar breaks in. We all have a responsibility to protect ourselves, our families and our possessions. Don't let the thieves win
Copyright Alarm Maintenance 2017 I PROTECTING PEOPLE & PROPERTY